Fridge Fan Mod Kit to suit Larger vents
Tired of your 3 way fridge not coping with hotter weather?
Our dual fan mod for small Dometic vents can make a big difference!
This system fits larger upper vents that measure 480mm x 250mm.
FREE POSTAGE AUSTRALIA WIDE!
Please read important notes at the bottom of this page before ordering!
The fitting of heat extracting fans to improve the efficiency of an absorption fridge is not a new idea,so what's different about the 3DprintCQ fridge fan system?
- Thermostat backup switch in the unlikely event of thermostat failure. Peace of mind!
- Fans & connector board are mounted using zip-ties
- Neat, professional finish.
- No parasitic drain from electronic thermostats. System only draws power when fridge is running.
- 3D printed mounting plate for our quick connect PCB. Simply zip ties to your vent.
- Simple connector system allows vent to be easily removed for maintenance.
- Reverse power protection built in.
- Massive airflow - we've used quiet & efficient brushless fans that move up to 1820L/min EACH! If you want to remove heat, airflow is the key.
- High quality, efficient & dust resistant fans are used (IP54).
- Low current draw (0.45 amps in total).
- Unobtrusive visual indication that fans are turned on using a single blue led.
- Uses a simple thermo switch, with a lower activation temperature than normal, to turn fans on & off.
- Simply requires 12v to be provided to the connector on the fan mounting plates. All other wiring is done.
- Fans & thermo switch are fully tested before being sent to you.
- No drilling required to mount thermo switch or fans.
- Fans & connector board are easily removed if desired.
- 12 months warranty.
The fans don't affect gas operation (I've tested it on my Penguin Camper)
The kit comes with quiet, high quality, brushless fans that draw 0.45 amps in total.
Installation is as simple as:
- Removing the vent.
- Mounting the fans & connector board with zip-ties.
- Mounting the thermo switch onto a pipe at the back of the fridge using zip ties
- Connecting the fans to your van battery management system.
- Refitting the vent with the fans fitted.
The thermo switch automatically turns the fans on when the fridge pipe gets hot from normal operation.
An unobtrusive blue LED shines through the vent to indicate when the fans are on.
Detailed, step by step instructions with photos are provided & include my phone number for support.
Any questions prior to purchase of a kit will be promptly answered using our contact page.
- These fans require 70mm of clearance from the front of the vent shroud to enable them to fit. Please see pic for clarification.
- Fans must be installed in the upper vent, not the lower. Fitting them in the lower vent may breach gas certification.
- The vent shown in the picture is not supplied. The fans supplied in the kit are zip-tied to your existing vent.
- Installation of these fans is simple, but a power supply is required for them to operate. Wiring will need to be installed from the van electrical system to the vent. 5 meters of wire is included. We don't recommend connecting directly to the battery as this will bypass any battery low voltage protection devices in your van.
- If you are unsure how to install this wiring, please consult with your local auto electrician or caravan repair shop.
- Detailed installation instructions are included.